Sunday, 8 March 2015

Slice #8: Friendship

I was reading one of my favorite books again, by one of my favorite authors, Cassandra Clare. And again I stumble upon a quote I read before(when I was reading it before). I didn't know what I wanted to write for this slice of life. So I thought of writing it about the quote I read.


Friendship is one mind in two bodies.

                    -Meng-tzu

Meng-tzu or Mencius was a Chinese philosopher.
Born 372 BC and died at 289 BC.


I am a seprate person to my friends. Though with this statement it makes me think how much alike I am with my friends. I think the closer I am to my friends the more alike we become. The more we act alike. And the more we think alike. Making it seem we have the same mind. Yet we are multiple people, with different bodies.

Then I ask myself, what would I do without my friends? Would I be a different person? I'm that type of person who can't stand being alone. I need someone to talk to. And if that person is my friend it would be a bonus.

 Everybody answers the question 'What would you do without my friends?' With an 'I don't know'. But really it ia a hard question to answer. I don't know either. But what I think I would do is I would just be lost. To me friends are the people you grow up with, either if it is family or non-family. Friends are the ones who help you at the hardest parts of life and be there during the best. To cheer you up when you are down. To laugh with you. To love you for who you are. And not who you aren't. I don't know what I would do without my friends.

I ask you. What would you do without your friends? Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Farah, this a BEAUTIFUL piece! This passage spoke to me, "The more we act alike. And the more we think alike. Making it seem we have the same mind. Yet we are multiple people, with different bodies." What a mature thought for such a young person. Your words truly captured the notion that friends are a part of us, yet function independent of us. You should feel very proud of this post! Can I share it with the class? Thanks for sharing your words.

    ReplyDelete