Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Slice #24: Reminders

I have many reminders of the places I used to be in by different objects or scents, and sounds. But a lot of the reminders would have to be the sounds. And the sound equivalent to music. Music is my life, I listen to it all the time. And because of that if I listen to a certain song a lot in a certain area, the song will soon be representing the country in my head.

For me I now live in Malaysia, but I used to live in Qatar. I have lived there for five years, and during those five years I have listened to many songs over and over again. Some songs too many times I got irritated a lot. I love a lot of music. And I hated a few.

Once I moved to Malaysia, I would once and awhile hear those songs I loved on the radio or my "new" friends would be singing it. But I wasn't able to listen to them. The songs I used to love, I wasn't able to hear again without crying. And I'm not that type of person who cries. But those songs overwhelm me. Even the songs I hated I would cry. All the memories fill my brain.

The reminders of the country I used to be in overwhelms me. Less then it used to. I want to go back but I am happy here too.

:)


1 comment:

  1. This is a great slice. Music is my life too. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete